Sunday, July 20, 2008

7/20 Run

Long run Sunday! Putting up my 4th run in 5 days, I made it my longest run yet. I went out to the East Lake Sammamish trail, which I highly recommend, and did a little over 5 miles in 52:40. Out in 27:07, back in 25:33 - woot for negative splits! It comes out to about a 10:18 pace - I was hoping to come in somewhere between 10 and 11 pace, so I'm pretty happy that taking it as easy as I did got me into the low 10's.

The trail is great - crushed rock, pretty flat. It hugs the lake most of the time, and gives a nice mix of shade and sun; wonderful on a nice day like today! My shins have been hurting lately (too much running on sidewalks), so it felt really nice to be on softer ground. Makes me really look forward to cross country season! I was surprised, after running harder than I planned yesterday, that I had no soreness and felt pretty loose throughout the run. It really is nice to feel like I can get myself back in shape.

And as always, Map my Run magic:

View Interactive Map on MapMyRun.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home