Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Race, first victory!

I've been running 17 days, and I've already won a race - woot! Okay, so it was a jogger's mile at an all-comer's meet - meaning you predict your time and the closest to their predicted time wins. And yeah, I came in 33rd out of 40 people if you measure strictly by actual, you know, performance. I'm still a winner!

I predicted an 8:00 mile, and came in one second off, in 7:59. They don't give you your pace after the first lap, but I hit that in 1:58, so it looks like my pace was pretty consistent. I've been on my feet at a company event for the last two days, so my legs were a bit stiff and my feet are killing me. Warming up, I was just hopeful I wouldn't wind up running an 8:30 and embarrassing myself, by the race took off faster than last week and I just followed along. My breathing never went anaerobic, and I recovered very quickly, so as with last week, there's clearly more in the tank, maybe as low as 7:40 if I really, really push myself. We'll see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home