Sunday, July 27, 2008

7/26 run

I'm in Vegas, on a last-minute trip. Woot! I decided to put in three miles during the heat of the day, which in hindsight was a mistake. The first mile was fine - hot (96 degrees), so I got a bit winded and parched right away, but not unbearable. I ran into trouble in the second mile. I had some trouble breathing, and was clearly getting overheated, so had to walk a bit about 1.5 miles into it. I made it down the strip just fine, and then turned onto a side road for the last mile or so, at which point things went very badly. As soon as I crossed the strip, I decided to walk for a minute to catch my breath again. When I started running again, I had no strength at all in my legs - it was like running through mud. My arms had gone numb, breathing was difficult, and I was getting dizzy. Dehydration! *sigh* I wound up walking the 3/4 miles or so back to the hotel, where I deeply enjoyed re-entering air conditioning and finding some water to drink. So, I only ran about 2.1 miles, and I think it was around 23 minutes or so - didn't really pay attention and don't really care.

MMR majique:

View Interactive Map on MapMyRun.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home